Posted by: April on Sep 15, 2011
Here's something: I discovered/realized that I never posted or even wrote a recap for The Vampire Diaries' Season 2 finale, "As I Lay Dying," but I did keep my notes. I type them while I watch, as my viewing companions can attest. With the exception of correcting a typo or two, I've decided to post them for you in full, so you can use them as a quick reminder before Season 3 kicks off tonight. Also because I'm hardly going to write a full recap at this late date.
- A full minute of previouslies!
- Elena watches Jer sleep . . . I guess she's just checking on him, but it's weird. Mostly because of the artful streaming light.
- Damon shows up teary-eyed to apologize. Elena needs time and maybe a lot of it before she'll be ready. "Sure, of course. Take all the time you need."
- Damon enjoys an old bottle o'booze he's clearly been saving and pulls off his ring front of a window.
- Stefan jumps him hard core!
- And tosses him in the cellar of self-pity!
- Always the hero, Stefan. Just tell me goodbye and get it over with.
- Klaus wakes up naked in the woods and says to his brother, "That was amazing." While his brother casually rains down clothes.
- He was a wolf a full two days.
- Klaus won't give up the info.
- Alaric is wicked drunk at the Grill when Stefan calls him about Damon: What do you need? AW.
- Caroline insists that they persevere at a outside screening of Gone With the Wind.
- Stefan and Bonnie hold a seance, and Bonnie starts channeling Emily.
- That's not balance; that's punishment.
- The bitches of eastwick give Bonnie stabbing pains because they think she's abusing her powers, but she manages to catch one word: Klaus.
- Of course it is. Fucking Klaus.
- Lady Mayor shows up making demands of Sheriff to deal with the town's vampire problems, as she is not keeping the town safe. Dun!
- Look who couldn't resist an epic romance.
- Stefan gives Elena the truth about Damon, so she can make it right/accept his apologies.
- Damon's hallucinating back to his Katherine days, and Elena shows up to point out that Katherine was only ever using him.
- Stefan starts with Alaric's, which is indeed still infested with Katherine and Klaus. Too bad Klaus just stabbed him with a silver blade. And now he's got Stef up against a post. Hmm.
- Stake to Stefan's stomach! Even tortured, Stefan thinks of his brother: just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want.
- You are just shy of useless.
- My subconscious is haunting me, Ric.
- Alaric doesn't blame Damon for Jenna.
- Give me your glass. Neither one of us is drunk enough for this conversation.
- Kill me, please.
- Screw you.
- Elena arrives, but the Sheriff is there to cause trouble with her deputies.
- Sheriff locks Alaric in the blood closet then busts into the self-pity cellar. Man, she doesn't even remember her tenure there!
- You keep doing this! You left me behind before, and Jenna still died.
- Oh, dear, Stefan's reputation as a bloodcoholic and ripper has proceeded him.
- Oh, shit, it's Klaus's blood that's the cure, and he only wants to deal with the ripper.
- Damon's trippin' balls at the Gone with the Wind screening. It's taking him back.
- Elena's stuck in the Sheriff's office.
- Jer brings Damon to the Grill, where the Sheriff shows up to shoot him. Too bad Damon dodges, and Jer takes the wooden bullet. Caroline and Bonnie break in, and Caroline feeds Jer her blood, but it might be too late. Good fucking job, Sheriff.
- Alaric's here now, too.
- Bonnie seems to think she can save him, so Alaric carries him away.
- Brave little toaster throws a chair through the office window and busts on out of there.
- That's too bad. You would have made a helluva wing man.
- Klaus will give Stefan his blood in exchange for a decade long bender. You do everything I say and I save your brother, that's the deal.
- Stefan shotguns a blood bag, and then another. He makes some hilariously angry faces while he's at it. Hee.
- Bonnie brings Jer the witches, but they don't want to help Bonnie. There will be consequences.
- He's just a kid, tell them to shut up.
- Finally, Bonnie begs for Emily's help. She loves Jer.
- All the fire goes dead, and Bonnie cries in the darkness, but Jer comes to.
- Atlanta is burning when Elena finds Damon.
- He gets all confused with drinking Katherine's blood to turn and bites into Elena. It's super creepy, with Elena saying things like no and stop and you don't have to do this and you're hurting me. After a few sips, though, he figures out that it's Elena and stops, collapsing.
- Caroline gets the call that Jer's alive. Sheriff thought she killed him. You did.
- Caroline tells Sheriff about the time she compelled her. Finally, they hug and cry.
- Jer and Bonnie have a very sweet talk, and Alaric shows up to maybe stay and mock him for good.
- Damon's taken to his sick bed and into Elena's arms.
- All those years I blamed Stefan. No one forced me to love her. It was my own choice. I made the wrong choice. Tell Stefan I'm sorry, okay?
- Stefan is mad drunk, you guys. He's on a bender something fierce.
- Klaus compels Katherine to take the blood over, but we all know Katherine's on vervain. Stefan mumbles a no, but it's too late. Katherine's gone.
- Damon thinks he deserves to die, but Elena doesn't. She forgives him.
- Damon finally tells Elena that he loves her.
- You should have met me in 1864. You would have liked me.
- I like you now, just the way you are. And she kisses him just once: goodbye.
- Katherine does show up, as she owed Damon.
- Stefan, on the other hand, gave himself over to Klaus.
- Oh, it's okay to love them both? I did.
- STFU, Katherine! You make no sense!
- Klaus knew Katherine was on vervain, and now he wants Stefan to help track her down.
- "What is it you really want from me?" "All will be explained in time."
- Klaus brings in another teen and gets her started. Wow, that sounds gross. Stefan finishes her while the world shakes. His eyes glows a scary blue when he drops the body.
- Jer wakes up 'cause there's some weird mystical shit afoot. Weird mystical shit like Vicki and Anna chillin' in his kitchen.
- Next time: there is no next time! Not for months!