Posted by: Lauren on Nov 15, 2010
Are these really the four stars left? Brandy and Jennifer I get, but Kyle and Bristol? That seems unfair. Kurt was probably better than both of them.
Brandy and Maks: A solid dance to start things out, and I am encouraged at how quickly we are getting into things this week—not a lot of time wasted with clip packages. Given that we only have 4 couples, the filler must be a-comin’. Either that or they are all doing 4 dances or something crazy.
Background on Brandy: Whitney Houston is her celebrity commentator, and she is coherent, though brief. Apparently people called her a murderer for her involvement in a fatal car crash. That is rough. Her second dance was very good again.
Jennifer and Derek: Their first dance is the Cha Cha Cha. It is good, as I have come to expect from them, and Jennifer’s dress really works to show off her Cha Cha movements. I don’t know that it was as spectacular as we have seen from them before, though. Yowch, 3 tens from the judges, apparently I was wrong. I really don’t know what makes a “good” Cha Cha Cha, which is why I am not a judge.
Background on Jennifer: Jennifer’s family talks about her life and Dirty Dancing (!). Yikes, she got a cadaver graft and a plate in her neck! That was by far the best background segment, mostly because of the coalesence of Dirty Dancing and Jamie Lee Curtis. Awesome. If they are going to bring this up, I get to give another quote: “I know Johnny didn’t do it, and I know that because he was with me all night”. Her dance is a really pretty Viennese waltz. The judges really love it and it was very good.
Bristol and Mark: They are doing a futuristic paso doble (how come it is never a “futuristic jive”?). It is not bad for Bristol, and for once her costume is actually quite flattering. She looks tough and pretty. Quite often her outfits make her look more ridiculous. Ahhh!!! Mama Palin is FOR REAL in the house. I think she yelled really loudly for Bristol. That is kind of awesome.
Background on Bristol: The Palin parents talk about her. It was certainly unfortunate that she got roped into the political scene her mother entered while she was a pregnant teen. Her second dance is ok…a Viennese Waltz. She kind of walked around slowly.
Kyle and Lacey: I STILL don’t care about this guy. He does seem to be trying, but he also seems like an irritating teen. Kyle and Lacey are doing the Argentine tango, and it is to a sort of slow pop song (“She’s got me dancing” by Tommy Sparks). It doesn’t really fit the tone of the tango, in my opinion.
Background on Kyle: Louis Gossett Jr. Is Kyle’s Celeb of Note talking about him. It is weird. Kyle et al are talking about his hard times moving to LA be an actor. Not really a sob story, that. Kyle’s dance is not bad, and it is helped out enormously by being danced to “Jai Ho” of Slumdog Millionaire fame. It was catchy then and it is catchy now. The judges really love it and score it well. I just don’t like him.
- Random Celebrities: La Lucci is in the house! She is sitting with the former folks, so maybe she was on this show before.
- Jamie Lee Curtis: She gets her own bullet this week because she is back, not that I am surprised. She is featured with other stars talking about their star friends, though for not as long as she should be. She looks smoking in silver.
- Between Bristol and Kyle, I feel like I would rather see Bristol go on to the finals. She is likable, whereas Kyle is just irritating. Neither is a great dancer, but I do think Bristol has tried and I just like her more.
- MAMA P! I am kind of shocked she showed up, but I was excited to see her (and then felt a bit ill when she started talking). Politics aside, I think she really is excited for her daughter, and that is nice.
- Has Brooke always had a sparkly microphone? I am always listening to her dumb questions, so maybe I didn’t notice. I want one.
- Holiday commercials are really starting up this week. I saw two different ads for jewelry that made me gag. The Everlon™ Diamond Knot Collection from Kay Jewelers was the worst. Everlasting love really should be trademarked.
- I don’t really see the point of the judges at this stage…all 9s and 10s (and one eight for Bristol)
- Brooke’s dress is not very pretty. It is sort of Grecian-y and it makes her look thick around the boobs, and not in a good way.
- The Dallas Cowboys shocked me and everyone else this week by playing football in a way that wasn’t embarrassing. All hail new coach Jason Garrett!
- Eeks…Skating with the Stars starts next week, and if you thought these celebs were obscure, I dare you to look up those fools.
- Quote of the night goes to Bristol (I am paraphrasing): “I was a good kid, never in any trouble, until I met Levi” dun dun dun!!!
- Present from DWTS to me this week? Only 90 minutes of show! I feel like I have been given the gift of time…the greatest gift of all.