Posted by: Lauren on Nov 24, 2010
The Mirror Ball will be awarded, hopefully to Miss Frances Houseman herself, Jennifer Grey. It will all happen LIVE! It's the results tonight and in order to encourage us to watch, there are actually two more performances from each of our finalists.
I came in about 15 minutes into the two hour broadcast and it seems I haven't missed any performances. I caught the end of Christina Aguilera singing...it doesn't seem I have missed much. Will I be seeing Burlesque? Probably. Please don't judge me. It looks like couples will be doing a "favorite dance", which is a repeat from earlier in the season and then they will all do an instant dance Cha Cha Cha. If you recall, instant dance is where they find out their music MINUTES before they dance it.
Kyle and Lacey are up first with a repeat tango, and the judges will rank them against the other teams. Their tango is pretty good, and Kyle is intense.
Bristol and Mark are up next with another repeat tango. Having seen Lacey do a tango right before, I see where Bristol still doesn't have the technique down. Lacey is practically bent in half backwards, and Bristol is straight up at best. The tango is ok, but Kyle's was better- more intense and more fun at the same time.
Up last are Jennifer and Derek, and they are doing their repeat dance of the Viennese Waltz. Yikes! There is some stuff that I missed in the beginning where Jennifer freaked out because this dance reminded her of The Swayze. How did I miss such gold? They are dancing to "These arms of mine". The dance is good, but I spot at least one eff up...and I don't know shit about dancing. It just isn't as impressive as their tango was. Still better than Kyle? I actually don't know. The judges disagree with me and say that they were the best, and award them three 10s (and a mix of 9s and 8s to Kyle and Bristol).
Now the "stars" of the season who got voted off return to do another dance.
David Hasselhoff is singing the theme to Baywatch while some girls "dance around him in bathing suits". Eeks. Not sad I missed his brief run.
Next up, Kurt Warner and Rick Fox are going head to head. I like their sporty costumes and Cheryl and Anna's matching dresses. I also like that they are dancing to to "Eye of the Tiger". There is a part where things get weird and Kurt and Rick are sort of dancing together, but angry-wise. Awkward!
Margaret Cho has to share the dance floor with Florence...that seems harsh. She is wearing a fabulous rainbow cha cha cha dress. Florence looks batshit crazy in a tropicana-inspired number. Both ladies are dancing to "Copa Cabana", but like a weirdly slow version.
The Situation then dances to Right Said Fred's seminal classic "Too Sexy". Well..."dances" is a bit strong. He kind of walks around shirtless and girls dance around him.
Brandy gets to come back and do her Friends Theme song quickstep. Thanks to 30 Rock, I now think of Wesley Snipes singing "I'll be there always, when the rains fall in Wales" from the hit show Chums.
After another Christina performance, we get to the final Cha Cha Chas of the season.
Kyle and Lacey: Lacey's outfit is so unflattering again...it makes her look huge, and she isn't, at all. It is just that most body types can't handle a lacey body suit (hahah...Lacey, lacey...good one).
Jennifer and Derek: I have been waiting all season to use this one. "I always do the last dance of the season. This year somebody told me not to. So I'm gonna do my kind of dancin' with a great partner, who's not only a terrific dancer, but somebody... who's taught me... that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them. Somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I wanna be. Miss Frances Houseman". RIP Swayze! Their last dance is very good and i might like to get a pair of these cha cha cha pants the ladies are wearing. They could come in handy.
Bristol and Mark: It is not a bad job at all. Mark is mugging for the camera a little more than is my taste, but whatever...he is probably having fun.
We have a bunch of long pauses before we learn that the third place team is..........Bristol and Mark! Thank goodness. She didn't deserve to win a dancing competition.
And after another commercial...we are getting ready to learn who the champion is.
And our champions are.........................................................................................................
JENNIFER AND DEREK!
Yay! I am glad this turned out for us.
- Jamie Lee Curtis! Hahaha..she made a weird and unattractive bracelet out of all of her wristbands from supporting Jennifer through out the entire season. I love her, in case you couldn't tell.
- Random Celebrities: Montel Williams (I think he was in Kyle's "supporter" video before)! Perhaps Mary Hart? I don't know why they would show her cheering for the Sitch.
- Len is wearing red accents on his tux tonight and he looks very nice.
- Ahh! Florence just flashed us all. Too much, too much! That was not cool.
- More ugly jewlery from Kay Jewelers...tonight we have the "Open Heart Collection" by a woman who's voice sounds like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. These "open hearts" look like diamond snakes. Ugly!
- It looks like someone shot a canon ball through one side of Brooke's dress. It is not so pretty. Also, in some closer shots, her cans are totally trying to escape out the top of her dress. Come on, wardrobe people, at least try a bit...its the finale!
- They really blew the budget on the smoke machine for Aguilera. I guess if you are going to go for it, you really do have to commit.
- Golly they are dragging out this ending. I mean, I know it is the big payoff, but I need to go to bed (I am watching the West Coast feed on the East Coast).
- Congrats to Jennifer Grey!