AOE Arts Council – Communications Coordinator
Full-time – 1 year contract position
Start Date: July 19, 2010 End Date: July 15, 2011
Salary: $40,000 to $55,000 range, commensurate with experience
AOE Arts Council (AOE) is a dynamic not-for-profit organization that works with the community to develop partnerships, audiences, information, and visibility for the arts. It supports Ottawa artists and arts organizations through programs, resources and services.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating communications activities and implementing communications plans for AOE and the ARTicipate Endowment Fund. The Communications Coordinator will also be required to work with the Shenkman Arts Centre resident arts partners on marketing initiatives and be able to solicit sponsors from the community to support communication activities. This position also provides support communications for membership, donor outreach, events, fundraisers, workshops and other programming projects.
- Education background in journalism, marketing, communications
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Communication skills in both official languages (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of working independently and a commitment to a team environment
This position requires:
- Familiarity with the cultural community and not-for-profit sector
- Design and production skills with Adobe CS4 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, PDF Writer)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in implementing marketing strategies and advertising campaigns
- Experience writing for the web, reports, funding proposals, media materials, marketing texts, articles for publications
- Respond to media inquiries on behalf of AOE and ARTicipate, coordinate interviews, write media materials, assemble press kits
- Ensuring the timely production of all publications, online materials, marketing and press and media activities in both official languages.
- Coordinate the production of AOE’s annual report
- Oversee the development and editing of promotional material as required to ensure brand and messages are delivered consistently
- Maintain a website maintenance log, media database and communications contacts database
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate staff, meet deadlines and complete projects on budget
- Experience working with suppliers to produce publications and communications tools
- Tasks and duties as required in support of AOE’s mandate
- Evening and weekend work is required from time to time
To obtain further information about the Council and the ARTicipate Endowment Fund, please visit www.artsoe.ca.
To apply please send your resume and covering letter by e-mail to email@example.com by fax to (613) 580-2768 or by mail to 245 Centrum Blvd., Suite 260, Orléans, ON K1E 0A1 - attention Cristiane Doherty, Director of Communications.
Closing date: June 30, 2010
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.